Monday, July 11, 2011

EVE Online

I've decided to give this game a (second) try. My friend has been talking the game up to me for the past two years. Back then, he had invited me to the free trial. I only played for about a week and never got out of Empire Space, which means, as he tells it, "I missed the fun parts." So I'm going to give it a real go this time, get out to the null security area and try to survive. If all goes well, I'll even be competitive. I haven't seen too many guides out there about this game, but I'd be afraid to write any for two reasons. First, the meta game seems to change pretty frequently; what is useful now wasn't yesterday and may not be tomorrow either. Second, the game is very competitive and secretive; writing a guide about my tactics would not only lead to immediate countermeasures being developed, but would also force me to abandon said tactics as my opponents would know what to expect.

Like always, my in game name is Dechs Kaison. I'm not sure why I'm so attached to that fictitious last name. If you play EVE, feel free to let me know. I do not know how easy it is to "fleet up" with someone, but I'd be willing to try. I've got a Caldari destroyer fitted with long range railguns but I'm looking to get into the EWAR side combat eventually. I already have a corporation in mind that I intend to join.

Look for more on this front soon. If I don't thoroughly enjoy this by the end of my month, I won't be giving the game a third chance.

2 comments:

  1. Eve is such a cutthroat game. Watch yourself out there bro, don't trust your friends at all.

    Seriously, loyalty doesn't exist in that game. Unless your ally lives within driving distance and is afraid of you and your bat.

    It can get a little time consuming, but it's very fun and addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun doing what you like. I don't like the PVP, so I just mine in highsec space. Sure, the profits aren't as big, but I don't have to worry about being blasted out of my ship for no reason. But it's still a really cool game.

    ReplyDelete